(Effective from 19 October 2019)
This policy describes how and why we use your personal information. It also explains how your privacy is protected and your choices about your information.
We respect your privacy and your personal information which is under our control.
In this policy:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
Personal informational may be provided by you voluntarily when you register on our website, when you contact or register to become a volunteer, make enquiries or sign up about an event or otherwise communicate with us.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The following personal information is collected and stored:
- Your name
- Contact details (this may include your address, telephone number, email address)
- Any other personal information you provide to us
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us in relation to this website
- Any information that you provide to us for the purpose of or in connection with, subscribing to our website services, email notifications, newsletters or social media platforms
- Any information that you choose to send to us when contacting us whether through our website, by email, phone, or in person
- Information relating to any donation you make to us (including the amount, the currency, the type of donation, its duration where applicable and the day that recurring donations will be drawn where applicable)
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will use your personal information to:
- administer and manage our website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing our website;
- provide you with any information you asked for;
- administer your donation or support your fundraising;
- keep a record of your relationship with us;
- reply and respond to or fulfil any requests/complaints or queries you make to us;
- understand how we can improve our services to you and manage our events;
- check for updated contact details so that we can stay in touch; (We really appreciate it if you let us know if your contact details change);
- further our Mission objective;
- send you correspondence and communicate with you;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to Wellspring Association
- process applications for funding;
- administer the projects we fund;
- monitor website use to identify visitor location, guard against disruptive use, monitor website traffic and/or personalize information;
- process your application for a job or volunteering position;
- administer our accounts;
- meet our legal obligations, such as, to perform contracts between you and us, or our obligations to regulators, government and/or law enforcement bodies;
- carry out fraud prevention and money laundering checks (if required by law);
- establish, defend or enforce legal claims.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your computer when websites are loaded in a browser. Your computer stores that data. They are used to remember you and your preferences, either for a single visit or for repeat visits.
They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
How cookies are used?
Cookies are used for a number of different purposes. Some cookies are necessary for technical reasons; and some of these cookies may be set when a page is loaded, or when a visitor takes a particular action.
Where can cookies be found?
Cookies are set in various locations. These may include; on our website, on the site that hosts us namely; WordPress, on plugins that we may use such as; PayPal and Braintree and on emails that we send. This list is however not exhaustive.
We only use anonymous cookies. The tracking is anonymous and does not relate to any personal information we may have.
You can manage cookies in your browser settings.
For more information
You can visit: www.aboutcookies.org
WHAT WE WILL NOT DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Will we share your data with anyone?
- We will never sell, share or rent your information to third parties.
- We will not without your express written consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Where we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so, we may disclose your details to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors, and/or, where we consider this necessary, to protect the rights, property or safety of Wellspring Association, its personnel, visitors, users or others.
“OPT” OUT SERVICE
To stop receiving communications, newsletters, or marketing communication from us, please use the “unsubscribe” button provided.
THE LEGAL BASIS
Privacy Protection has its foundation in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) “GDPR” and in current UK data protection legislation.
HOW INFORMATION IS STORED
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage and take appropriate technical and organizational controls to achieve this.
Unfortunately; the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, or the method of electronic storage completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted or provided to us via the website or via any other social media platform.
Any transmission is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee complete security of your personal information.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
The personal information that you have provided to us is protected under law as explained above.
But what does that mean?
We have explained that here more simply.
- You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
- You have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you corrected.
You may ask us to delete some or all of your personal information (subject to certain exceptions), you have the right for this to be done. If we are unable to delete your information, we will explain why this is so.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us:
2 Origenous Street Limassol 3035 Cyprus by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may be required to ask for further information and/or evidence of identity. We will attempt to respond fully to all requests.
Please note that exceptions apply to a number of these rights, and not all rights will be applicable in all circumstances
If you are unhappy with any aspect of how we are using your personal information please contact us. We appreciate the opportunity your feedback provides us as it gives us valued information on
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
website at wellspringcyprus.com or by contacting you at the last email address that you provided us with.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please let us know by contacting us at:
email@example.com or 2 Origenous Street Limassol 3035 Cyprus
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org